What are the most valuable collector saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonsereds xa
Most know these as diesel chainsaws even though they are technically not a diesel engine. This was one of Jonsereds 1st offerings in the chainsaw market. Propane in the handle bar was used for heating a hot bulb for starting the all fuel engine. View attachment 1165504
Floyd, that's absolutely gorgeous!!

Jonsereds xc Serial 019
Test saw for the north American market 1955. This saw closely resembles the Jonsereds xa but differs quite a bit as it uses d cell batteries to preheat the hot bulb engine for starting. Pictures below show the saw with original crate and special starting instructions to go with as the xa manual didn't show the battery operation. Some say only 35 of these were manufactured.20230611_105923.jpg20230611_105908.jpg20230611_104727.jpg

One of these evenings you and I need to get on the phone again a jaw about saws and farming. I hope that 3pt Deere planter worked out for you. We do not see many here

Jonsereds xa
Most know these as diesel chainsaws even though they are technically not a diesel engine. This was one of Jonsereds 1st offerings in the chainsaw market. Propane in the handle bar was used for heating a hot bulb for starting the all fuel engine. View attachment 1165504
Nice....

Nos never fueled 090g with factory wax mark still on the muffler. Not necessarily a rare saw but thought some might like to see this. This saw originally came from Australia to a stateside collection years ago. View attachment 1165716View attachment 1165717
Nice, I have one as well but mine has had some use. It's an MX bike with a handle... lol

Back