WHO HERE BLIPPS ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha, "blipping"... I know I'll probably not have the popular opinion but here what I think.
Blipping chainsaws is a result of or a good part of weekend warriors/teenagers watching there idolized YouTube saw channels or careless peers trying to look cool. The uninformed & those who don't know any better do it because they want to be like them & don't now their idols/peers were doing it to show performance on camera or other useful reasons in person. In the end, they end up making there own tube videos while showcasing their dad's saw & how they're intelligent enough to rev it... Haha.. It's like that whole YouTube "diesel cold start" crap, its pointless & usually doesn't have a purpose other than showing off.

I'm not some ppe/safety nazi by any means but saws are probably the most dangerous tool on the planet, there's no need to blip that throttle without good reason. Ive seen guys on the jobsite blipping to make it look as if they are actually doing something with a purpose or as if blipping it is big part of deciding where you next cut is going to be. There really is no need for it on the job unless your warning others your about to start a cut from above while your on spikes or in a bucket, clearing chips or making sure your oiling. It's just to dangerous to spin that chain when unneeded. Not that we need any reminders about what can happen but, just this week a 20yr old from another local crew practically got his face ripped off by a saw that kicked back on him. I'm not talking bout a close shaving nick, I'm talking bout lips, cheek, teeth, chin gone or mangled. Poor kid.. I can't imaging watching that happen on a job. What would you do? It's not like a laceration you can just tie off or use quick clot in..

So yeah, that what I think about unneeded blipping. Sorry to rain on the parade..;)

Back