Craftsman 3.3 20''?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What is the poulan and poulan pro saw that is the same as the craftsman 3.3 20''. I picked up a 3.3 and need a couple parts for it. I think it's the poulan 3300 and pp335 but looking for some confirmation on this. I need the muffler, side covers and a few other parts.

What is the poulan and poulan pro saw that is the same as the craftsman 3.3 20''. I picked up a 3.3 and need a couple parts for it. I think it's the poulan 3300 and pp335 but looking for some confirmation on this. I need the muffler, side covers and a few other parts.

It is basically the same saw. The only difference is in the bore. The PP335 uses a chrome plated bore and the 3300 uses an un-plated bore...Sometimes. I have a 2800 Craftsman that has a chrome bore. You just have to check. But yes all the covers are interchangeable.
Picture103.jpg

pp164.jpg

It is basically the same saw. The only difference is in the bore. The PP335 uses a chrome plated bore and the 3300 uses an un-plated bore...Sometimes. I have a 2800 Craftsman that has a chrome bore. You just have to check. But yes all the covers are interchangeable.
Picture103.jpg

pp164.jpg

I was pretty sure about it because it looks like the 335, 330 and 380 that I used to have but the the newer ones had the different air filter and cover. Is it the same as the 3450 also?

It's missing the muffler and it has a chrome plated bore for sure.

I know the saws I have use the older A/F setup while the 330 uses the newer, rounder A/F cover. Not sure on the 3450. If its a 3.3 it will use the A/F set up like the 2 I have. Sears parts direct has a good selection of parts for these. I ordered a new cover for the 335 pictured from them. Ebay also has a lot of parts.

Be careful on ordering the muffler for that one. I have a parts PP335 and I'm pretty sure the muffler is differant than the one on my gray Craftsman 3000. iI had to borrow muffler bolts for a 2800 thats how I know the 335 muffler is differant. I know the top cover froma Poulan3300 is differant than the 3000, even though it will bolt on. I just bought a 3.3 on E-Bay and when it gets here I'll fill you in on whats interchangeable if you can wait.

I may have that muffler for you.

I have the side covers for sure on that saw. What else would you need. They will be green if you don't mind.

My buddy has the same saw as the one in my avatar pic, but his says craftsman pro in raised letters. Found a you tube vid with a guy that has both also and says the "pro" is a 55cc compared to mine, the 3.7 60cc. Can anyone confirm?

The saw in your avatar is a 3700 or maybe a 3800. Both 61 cc saws. The 3700 has a chrome bore and a bare aluminum piston with thin rings, a 3800 has a bare bore and chrome plated piston with thick rings.
Bore on the 3700 is 1.875" 3800 1.880"
The 55cc (actually 56 cc) would be a 3400. Bore is 1.810" on a 3400

Picture103.jpg

pp164.jpg
I still have both those saws

The weird thing is I cannot find any pictures of the craftsman pro 3.4. Besides the one YouTube vid. Was it a rare saw?

The weird thing is I cannot find any pictures of the craftsman pro 3.4. Besides the one YouTube vid. Was it a rare saw?

It might not have been labelled with a 3.4 sticker. I don't recall ever seeing a Craftsman labelled as 3.4, but if I dug through all of my downloaded Craftsman OMs & IPLs I'd probably find the model number(s) for it.

Maybe someone here knows it/can find it without digging.

It might not have been labelled with a 3.4 sticker. I don't recall ever seeing a Craftsman labelled as 3.4, but if I dug through all of my downloaded Craftsman OMs & IPLs I'd probably find the model number(s) for it.

Maybe someone here knows it/can find it without digging.
I had a 3.4 / 16" for a minute a few years ago. Doubt I have pics of it

Well the Craftsman 3.4 definitely exists. Given the popularity of the Poulan 3400, I wonder why the Craftsman 3.4 saws are aren't seen that often? Might be folks are still using them :yes:.

Back