Metal Blitz gas can - Is it worth $20?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
I was at an indoor flea market today and stumbled across a 2.5 gallon metal Blitz gas can. Looked to be in decent shape and the cap was stamped "1984". I know everyone hates the plastic cans, is this one worth a $20.00 bill? I suspect it should have some sort of nozzle tucked down inside, but that was missing but the can was in overall good shape.

Blitzcan.jpg

With No spout, it's only gonna be useful for pouring into one of those old galvanized tractor funnels.
otherwise it's like a $20 dribble glass.

I'd say not worth it since you can get a No-Spill 2.5gal for about the same price.

I have many metal cans from the 60's through the 80's. Great to store fuel for long term. Then I pump into a 1 gallon plastic for my mix when I need it. In the off season(for boating), I store non-ethanol fuel in metal boat gas cans(6 gallon) for snowmobiles. I use plastic cans for the stuff I will use within the month.

If you just use it for storing fuel then it is a decent can, but probably a little too much $$ for that size.

If it has the tool box underneath it, i'll take it.i have a couple spouts and have been looking for one for awhile. PM if you want to unload it

I had one of those I bought at a Stihl dealer in the mid 80's. It had the tool box bottom,painted Stihl colors with the spout. I sold it on the Bay for $60 lat year

Steve

Latest posts

Back