My Stihl ms250 c arrived

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
its a cool little saw. I like the no tools bar adjuster and the easy start. Pics to follow. My Stihl collection is growing I’m up to four. A ms170, a ms250 c, a ms290 farm boss, a 041 farm boss.

I worked on a saw with the ez start for a guy once and liked it. Pretty cool feature especially for those with injuries

When I was a kid my next door neighbor had a rear engine riding mower. The starting mechanism was a fold out crank handle on top of the engine with a knob which you cranked around in a circular motion several times. This motion put tension on a starter spring, which, when released, gave a powerful crank to the engine. I don't remember seeing anything like it since. Cranking up the spring did not take a lot of effort. A lot of chainsaw users are older and/or disabled (shoulder injury, arthritis, etc.), and something like this as an option could be very helpful to them.

Put the 170 bar and chain on the 250.

You won't believe it
b3c5a9de3f22b70fcde3636faa5d6090.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I put new bars and chain on the 170 and 290. Next I need to figure out what saw is bigger than the 041 farm boss. I’ll stop at five stihls. Maybe.

When I was a kid my next door neighbor had a rear engine riding mower. The starting mechanism was a fold out crank handle on top of the engine with a knob which you cranked around in a circular motion several times. This motion put tension on a starter spring, which, when released, gave a powerful crank to the engine. I don't remember seeing anything like it since. Cranking up the spring did not take a lot of effort. A lot of chainsaw users are older and/or disabled (shoulder injury, arthritis, etc.), and something like this as an option could be very helpful to them.

I have shoulder injuries from going over the bars on my quad. On my very first flight I hit a hole in the ice and endowed the quad. I remember looking at the back horizontal rack going verticle thinking oh **** this is going to hurt. I woke up on the ice. After my fourth flight it was time to stop chasing my kid in the woods. Broke ribs four different times. Twice in one year. Flying without a pilots license. Lol

Latest posts

Back