Stihl 050 AV Restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just finished restoring my 050 just need a new bar & its all done.

rhLarge-5.jpg

lhLarge-6.jpg

topLarge.jpg

Stihl 07 is next.

hello,guys.i am from Slovenia,EUROPE,and i am new on this forum.GMAX,sorry, i think,white colour in your AV 050 is not good,original colour is RAL 7032.;);)

hello,guys.i am from Slovenia,EUROPE,and i am new on this forum.GMAX,sorry, i think,white colour in your AV 050 is not good,original colour is RAL 7032.;);)

Guess what................................................................................

I'm not repainting it :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Great job! That's one nice looking 050.

I just finished putting mine back together last month. I haven't painted anything on it. It has a new muffler guard, top handle, and air filter cover though.

I think what stilarca is referring to is the more off-white color that the earlier Stihl saws were. I'd like to repaint my 050 in the future...just not sure if I'd go with white or the off-white color.

Here's a pic of mine:
DSC01403.JPG" height="600" width="800"

I also have an album of the clean-up and rebuild process that it went though: Album Link

Great job! That's one nice looking 050.

I just finished putting mine back together last month. I haven't painted anything on it. It has a new muffler guard, top handle, and air filter cover though.

I think what stilarca is referring to is the more off-white color that the earlier Stihl saws were. I'd like to repaint my 050 in the future...just not sure if I'd go with white or the off-white color.

Here's a pic of mine:
DSC01403.JPG" height="600" width="800"

I also have an album of the clean-up and rebuild process that it went though: Album Link

Yours looks good how it is, I wouldn't repaint it, I don't like the stihl cream color so I painted mine a clean looking white. Just a personal preference each to his own ;)

Latest posts

Back