026 chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolmaker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am about to buy an 026 to compliment my MS460, also to teach my boys (13 and 15 ) how to run a saw. I won't let them run the 460, it is way too wicked for them. The 026 will need to use .325 pitch .063" gauge chain. I run full chisel on the big saw, what do I want to use on the 026? Will it have enough "snot" to pull full chisel? Safety for the boys is also a concern, of course. Thanks.

The 026 will "axe" them a question just as easily, but you probably know that. The 026 will pull full chisel easily, Oregon 34LG or 21LP are both excellent .325 chains. Keep the bar to 20" or less

I run an 18" with RS chain on my 026. For the boys, you might want to use RM, it will stay sharper longer. Probably even the safety chain to reduce kickback, although you sacrifice a lot of cutting ability with it. I usually have to file down the rakers after the 2nd or 3rd sharpening to get any kind of bite at all.

Ask your dealer what he will deal a deal for RM chain. We have a rack full because it comes with any of the .325 saws standard. We will sell it cheaper just to get rid of it.

dang near had me an 026 yesterday.
lady is a real live alone surviver . i mowed her grass. she mentioned she had a saw but was scared to use it.
80 dollars didnt get it. said she had more than that in it. i think its her boyfriends saw ,for real. man would beat her to ,well u know what i mean.:) if she sold his saw. oh well allways another deal, around the corner for us rich folk.:D

Back