026 price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pea

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I priced an MS260 (026) at a dealer close to me and it was $409.00 is this approx. what they are most places?

Ryan,
Really, maybe I better check around a bit. I had checked on a MS360 at about three different dealers and I think they were all $519.00 so I didn't know if the dealers around me just get together on the prices or if it was just the same all over.

Thanks Ryan

My Stihl dealer lists the 026 (MS260) at $399, but that price has some wiggle room. For a long term (20 years) customer like myself, he would let me have it for about $350.

Originally posted by Tony Snyder
Someone is cutting prices a bit. If you buy off the web, save the packing box.
Since it is widely known that Stihl does not allow internet sales, are you privvy to info about some dealers selling Stihls online?

Pea, what you have to remember is what Brian said. "long term customer" as long term relitively high volume customers we get better prices than some one who will buy one or two saws in the next ten to twenty years:angel:

Ryan, that`s a good point, but then there are a few, darn few, Stihl dealers who understand that they won`t earn their retirement off each sale so they discount a little and get a new customer who will spread the word and get other new customers coming in, who all may potentially come back for service and all the little incidentals. You might be surprised how many homeowners who own brand name saws, bring their saws in for an annual checkup, at shop rate of course, and they usually like to go out the door with a new chain as a minimum, usually some promo stuff too, like hats and shirts with advertising on them. Do what you have to to get them in the door. Russ

its my opinion that more 026 are owned by homeowners than pro. that puts it in the same position as the 028.
also makes for some real value as a used saw. bigger saws have usually seen more hard hrs. the bigger the saw the more likely it was owned by a
pro. stihl at under 400. i believe id go new for the 026 . at least for now.
it got that new car smell to it:)

I was wondering what an 026 Arctic goes for in the U.S., and why 066 Arctics arent available there.
It has been my finding that the Arctics are more reliable than the Husky Sno Pro's, with regard to the electrical circuit.
Gypo

Its pretty easy to get a 26pro OTD for under $400. The regular 26 is about $30 cheaper.

Gypo, I have never seen a Stihl artctic in any model. Seems like they would sell some in Mi as it is cold or colder here than where you live in Canada.

John
It probably has a lot to do with supply and demand and also our geographical location.They probably figure that it isn't worth making them available here,I am sure that sales would be minimal.
However the next Jonsered or Husky that I will buy for myself will have the heated handles.My fingers dont stay as warm as they used to.
I have worked on a few saws with the heated handle option but I have never used one for any length of time.Do they really help in keeping your hands warm?
Later
Dan

John, i tried to get an artic 026 just before i bought my 346xp and was told that they weren't available in the US, at least thats what they told me:( now they did tell me that i could get an artic 044, 046 or an 066. i was also told that i could order the handle bars and circut stuff to make it artic but that sounded to expensive.

Hi Dan and Dan, the Arctics are very good at cold temps, and keep wet and cold hands very warm. I can be seem occasionaly sittin on a stump with the saw reved up to warm my hands or I simply just get to work with the saw going.
I dont think 088's come in Arctics, but the 084 did.
Anyway, I have (4) MS260 Arctics for 500$ each delivered if anyone needs one. There are made in Germany.
John

Last edited:
heated saws

How much weight does that feature add to the saw ? extra coils magnets and associated wiring, switches and heating elements. I would think that it would need to be a "necessity" instead of a "nicety" in order to really justify it

Ben, i don't remember what the cost was but walkers told me they could send me an artic 026 for $450 USD as i recall. it was back in septmber when i talked to them so you might want to give them a call:angel:

Latest posts

Back