026 up for parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At what point does honesty become counter-productive? From your description, this saw is basically worthless. I see you're getting bids, though. Barnum was right. Good luck. After it sells, let us know how much you paid for this "great" saw.

It's the ebay mentality, buy a Stihl for 3/4 price of new, add $300 worth of new parts, have a nice saw for twice what it's worth. :D I'd be suprised if John gets any less than $100 for it, but that is a refreshingly honest description. I've bought my share of turds that were supposed to be runners and a few junks that needed a carb kit and a crank seal to be 100% :rolleyes:

This saw's full of good parts, including probably most of the housing. I figure someone who had one that got sat on by a tree would want it. Or if you blew a flywheel, need a carb, etc. I'm betting that it'll go for around $80 or so this time of year.

I'll say right now that I paid $75 sight-unseen. Guy also said "great compression", and of course it turned out to be around 50 PSI. :eek:

If I was a gambling man (I'm not) I'd bet you a 111S that you'll easily beat $100. Any time I've listed Stihl the snipers haven't disappointed me.

Good thing I'm also not a gambler or one of us could get into some trouble.

I still say it won't top $100. I've seen parts 026's in better shape (or less-revealing descriptions) hit the $75-90 range.

John,
I saw that saw and I was the 1st bidder before I even knew that was yours. If you recall we exchanged emails earlier about it. Small world- any way, I'll have to see if Dan M. needs another cylinder and piston kit... lol

I applaud your honest description

Jeff
[email protected]

same here . a good while back i had a 015 that i liked rite well but the fuel line an filter etc ,were shot. ordered the pts ,but after 3 months decided to see if i could get somethin out of it. it was all apart waitin for the pts an i sold it like that. got 63 dollars for it . i could not imagine it going that high. but i know that somebody who knew what he was doing
probably had it in a tree that evening.
so nobody looses on the deal. i did lose my initial investment,about 80 dollars for saw and one o them high priced 1/4 inch chains,micro or somethin.but it wasnt a total lose.

Back