028 sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tml061583

Stihl enthusiast
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a rim sprocket and clutch drum kit for an 028 super. I've found the oregon kit with part number 30384x is no longer available. Anyone know of another company that makes a kit? Or Anyone have one they are willing to part with?

Hello ,, Need some help.
I also need a rim sprocket kit for my old 028 SWB. Not having any luck and am not sure which conversion kit would work. I have the sprocket that seperates from the drum. The sprocket has two spurs on teh back that engauges with the drum.
There are all kinds of kits on the web that say they work but nothing looks like what I have.
Heres what I have.
Thanks
IMG_9189.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9190.jpg
    IMG_9190.jpg
    1,019.7 KB
Hello ,, Need some help.
I also need a rim sprocket kit for my old 028 SWB. Not having any luck and am not sure which conversion kit would work. I have the sprocket that seperates from the drum. The sprocket has two spurs on teh back that engauges with the drum.
There are all kinds of kits on the web that say they work but nothing looks like what I have.
Heres what I have.
Thanks
View attachment 1212213
Yeah, I'd switch to a standard drum and rim sprocket configuration.

Hello ,, Need some help.
Heres what I have.
Thanks
View attachment 1212213

I have the exact same setup and I am right now trying to find a way to convert it to a rim sprocket setup. The biggest challenge is finding the gear to run the oiler. I found Oregon part number 3039 but I couldn't find a drum that would work with it. I found this youtube video with the parts with need but I can no longer find the parts linked!

This early model 028 WB is rough finding the right parts for haha
I did find basically this. Its for an 038 but is essentially what I need i think minus the gear to turn the oiler. See how it has the spur on it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7LM53W...awn-garden&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw

NEWEST UPDATE!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3853749641...call&brand=STIHL&_trksid=p2332490.c101224.m-1
This is it I believe for you!

Latest posts

Back