030 stihl ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawyer40

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
There is a 030 on ebay right now. I have never heard of an 030 is there such a saw? or does the seller not know what he is talking about if this isn't an 030 what is it?

Stihl 030

The seller has no idea what saw he has.It is either an 034 or an 036,probably the 036 with the upper part of the number 6 worn off of the tag.I cant tell which one for sure until I see the opposite side engine case.
Stihl did make the 030 AV,it was basically the same saw as the 031.If I remember correctly the 030 was 45cc and the 031 was about 48.
Later
Dan

I haven't see this auction, but I'm willing to go with whatever these guys say. :)

As far as the 030, it was Stihl's first 03x model. Made way back in the '60s. Available in both the AV and non-AV versions. 2.9 CID, I think. Evolved into the 031, then eventually into the fine 032. I own an example of the latter.

Hey Dan, did you get any of my emails? I've sent that parts list a few times.

John
I did find the AV mount and a new muffler for the 032,haven't found a used one as of today.
Inventory card say that I have rings and gaskets for the 011 but I cant find the darn things.
Could I interest you in a complete 011,good piston and jug.I think its fine but the engine cases are super ugly as sin.
Later
Dan

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass. One more parts saw and I'll need a press to get it into the basement.

Back