• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 044/046 Fuel tank handles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpeterson

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well hello AS,
I am looking for two 044 tank handles to revive some 10mm slant and am in need of two 046 handles.
I am not the hard one on the handles, that's just how I got them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Still looking for some handles....hopefully someone has a descent one out there!
Any 044/046 screw cap handles left out there?
Also looking for an 084 case gasket if anyone has one of those. Found a broken bearing cage on my PTO side bearing.
Thank you for any help or leads, the only one I have seen was 45.00 shipped on the auction site.

stihl 028 handles are a match for the 044, mabey they will

I have a NOS 044 screw cap tank if you want one pretty badly.
Definitely a possibility, by the sounds of it......you may just have the last new one. How much are you asking for it? Feel free to message on here or PM me.

stihl 028 handles are a match for the 044, mabey they will fit the 046
The handles for the 044 and 046 are the same as far as I can tell. The only difference I know of is the carb mounting stud length. An 028 handle may fit, but you would have to swap over the entire rear handle including the obsolete air filter as these were not set up to run the HD air filter. I am not sure if the throttle linkage would cross over for the carb. Who knows, it might work, I have never thought about it. I do have an 028 and an 028 Super, might be worth a test fit down the road.

I found the 084 crank case gasket and cylinder gasket in the UK.
Still no luck on a descent used 044/046 handle. Thank you to all that have responded!

Latest posts

Back