Lil red barn ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assembled in America using foreign materials I have seems stamped on many things. Or made in America but they make one piece in the us. Most basic thing like hardware and circuit boards ectra are made in china. Detroit is a ghost town for a reason
Pro chainsaws only have a few parts if any made in China.
You do what you can.
Also realise that a reshoring is ongoing post covid.
Regardless I am not going to run some piece of crap from the 60's where it is an adventure to keep it running and the performance is trash. My time is very valuable and I have alot better things to do than fart around with old junk made a decade or more before I was born.
With that said I would have no problem running a saw long term. I had a MS260 for 20 years. Only got rid of it when I upgraded to a 400C. But a ms260 is still in production and while a typical turd Stihl of that design era, it isn't a relic from the 60's.

Some guys get a saw fetish that lasts a while. Make a zillion posts on a forum and disappear.
Some guys use the saw as a tool to do a job.
So, do you want to cut cookies ?

The 036 and all of it's variants are very reliable. And, the bottle neck is never how fast a saw cuts.

Unless you are a cookie cutter of course.
When you have the choice between one saw that cuts better, vibrates less, filters better and cost less with the same or better quality which way you going to go? Pretty simple when your not brand loyal.
I actually run a saw sparingly anymore, but my approach is the same as when I used a saw daily.

Well maybe. But, who are you going to fix the dumb thing, Lowes ? Home Depot ?

It is very unlikely that you will bring any Stihl made in the last forty years that I cannot have back running by lunch time with parts in inventory. Several of them even if the top end in toast.

There is a reason why Stihl captured the U.S. market.
These guys who make a living want the things to run, not cut cookies on a forum.

Well maybe. But, who are you going to fix the dumb thing, Lowes ? Home Depot ?

It is very unlikely that you will bring any Stihl made in the last forty years that I cannot have back running by lunch time with parts in inventory. Several of them even if the top end in toast.

There is a reason why Stihl captured the U.S. market.
These guys who make a living want the things to run, not cut cookies on a forum.
I ran a Husky and Stihl daily when I logged. I ve never took a saw to a dealer either.
Have you ran both daily or are you just speculating?

I ran a Husky and Stihl daily when I logged. I ve never took a saw to a dealer either.
Have you ran both daily or are you just speculating?
I haven't ran anything daily in 50 years. But, when I had made enough money I work on them about every day for boredom. Average maybe 20 a week with some affliction. Nothing you are going to tell me about any of them.

Back