066 stihl bar work on a 075?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mowisme

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
looking at 32" or so bars on e-bay..almost all fit 066 but no mention of 075/076? does anyone know if 066 will fit 075? thanks

not without modifications. The 075 uses the big mount configuration (bar studs are 14mm, I believe), while the 066 is the small mount configuration (12mm bar studs). Not to mention the oiler slot on the 075 will not match up with the oiler hole on the small mount 066 bar. I modified my small mount 36" bar to run on my 051 and 075 by opening up the bar stud slot with a carbide bit and turning my oiler hole in the bar into a slot. If you are interested I'll take some pics of what I did sometime this week.

you can find a large mount on feebay easily, it also helps to look in the 050,051,076,070,and 090 areas, the olympyk 999 bar fits the large mount stihl's as well

they still make bars that will fit your 075 just ask for ms880 specific bars they make them from 16 inches to 59 inches.

thanks on all replys..

thanks for all the good info..I'll widen my search and I'll come up with one. I kind of pieced this back to running condition (oiler,seals,hub,ect..) but next thing is getting a handle- then a bar. I wanted to make sure it ran before dumping any more money into it-She runs like a bear..Thankfully. It had a standard handle (which is gone) so I need to decide if I should go with full wrap or reg?..Pro's/con's on handles would be helpful..Thanks again- Geno

Full wraps all the time on fleabay. Also aftermarket buffers. I have full wraps on both my 051 and 075 and love 'em.

thanks

sounds like the way to go- I think all I need then is a coupler of some sort/ 2 buffers/ and bar? by the way..Thanks to you stihl Weider on offer of pic..but don't think I'll need one. Geno

For the full wrap handle you'll need the mounting bracket for the bar cover side (assuming you already have the case side bracket). Again they are on eBay all the time (both new and used) .

For the full wrap handle you'll need the mounting bracket for the bar cover side (assuming you already have the case side bracket). Again they are on eBay all the time (both new and used) .
I need 2 install the full wrap handle on the 075 stihl av electronic i have the non wrap on it now i need the av mounts an bracket 4 the chain side of the saw canbu help me identify what i need 2 swap frm non wrap 2 full wrap. ? Please.

Also keep in mind that the 070/090 3001 mount bars are not identical to the 3002 mount bars that fit the other large mount Stihl saws. However they can be readily modified to fit by adding adjuster and oiler holes.
Most of the aftermarket large mount Stihl bars are double drilled to accommodate both mount styles.

Latest posts

Back