10 reasons why Shindaiwa is just the best. !!!Warning: not for Husky or Stihl fans!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manugoss

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This is just for fun. I hope I don’t hurt any feelings here

10 Reasons why Shindaiwa is the best brand out there

1 They always start on the 3rd pull when cold
2 They start on the first pull when hot
3 Outdated design that never fails
4 Used Shindaiwas sell for less in comparison with big brands
5 Oem parts are cheaper
6 Even if they have been sitting for many months they start on the 3rd pull
7 Every Shindaiwa saw is a pro saw (except maybe for the 360)
8 High precision machining and quality assembly
9 Beautiful colour (this one is bias, I know)
10 Did I tell you that they start on the 3rd pull when cold?!

Solo FTW.

Never ran a Shinny, but would like to try one. The Stihlheads will say they are heavy and underpowered.

only feelings are hurt here are yours making some 10 B.S. reasons why shindiawa are best!!!:jawdrop: there one for mine "ITS A STIHL" need i say more??:clap:

I dont have shinny store a mile from my house.Just a stihl dealer.I would
like to run one though.

BTW does it start easy.I have to pull my stihl like a hundred times NOT

My 460 starts in 3 pulls...usually. Sometimes 2 (Choke, then "high idle" or whatever name makes you giddy)

I DO have a Shin dealer about mile from the farm...which is my second home.

Could care less if they're outdated.
Could care less if they're a poor weight/power ratio...the only real question is how do they respond to a muffler mod. and conservative porting?!?!?!?!?
Eventually everything gets tweaked. If they wake-up to the same level that orange boys wake-up to then all is right with the world and I've got more money in my pocket.

They are heavy and underpowered.......... There we got that out of the way. WDO

I played with a bunch of shinnys at the Ohio Large Equipment Expo. They felt cheap and generic in my hands. Funky feeling plastic too. I'm not saying they don't cut...I didn't get to turn the shinny's chains loose but man...they felt funky to me.

As I might have mentionned, 3rd pull. It works for my 2 488s and my dad's. Reliable as a rock when it comes to cold start. One of them is probably 25 years old and still behave the same after all those cords of firewood. There is noting that gets me more riled that pulling on a saw that does't want to start. I used to have an old Partner P55 and even hot it would take many pulls to get it going.

still waiting for the Husky guys to chime in on how inferior the Shinny's AV is compared to theirs. :jawdrop:

yea i bet the ten people that drive yugos say there better than a chevy too. i got an idea buy a stihl and work them equally for a few years . i would also like to say that huskies suck as much too, i made a mistake and bought there version of a climbing saw used it twice and gave it to one of the other climbers to destroy it didn't take long lol

I think the origninal poster is trying to talk himself into or convince himself that he did the right thing by buying a Shinny, when in fact deep down inside he wishes he had a Dolmar, Stihl, Husky, or Jonsered.

*edit* I have never ran a shinny...anyone around central ohio got one? I'll buy the beer and bring the premix.

Last edited:
Neither...I prefer bow saws and elbow grease....

Just a tad faster than a Stihl....and you get a good work out....

This is just for fun. I hope I don’t hurt any feelings here

10 Reasons why Shindaiwa is the best brand out there

1 They always start on the 3rd pull when cold
2 They start on the first pull when hot
3 Outdated design that never fails
4 Used Shindaiwas sell for less in comparison with big brands
5 Oem parts are cheaper
6 Even if they have been sitting for many months they start on the 3rd pull
7 Every Shindaiwa saw is a pro saw (except maybe for the 360)
8 High precision machining and quality assembly
9 Beautiful colour (this one is bias, I know)
10 Did I tell you that they start on the 3rd pull when cold?!

isn't a shindaiwa a bicycle brand ??

You know they're good when you have a tree service trade in their good running 346XP for a Shindaiwa:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back