106 cc (6.5 cu in.) of metal- SOLO 642 score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Picked this up from a US Fish and Wildlife Officer. He bought it from the Feds after they cut down one big tree. The saw looks pretty good. It starts right up but will not stay running so I do have some work to do. He said he replaced the fuel lines recently from stuff he picked up from the autoparts store so that may be my problem. I need to find out what id/od fuel line I need.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is so nice! I have never seen one so well looked after. It makes me want abandon restoration on mine.:msp_unsure:

PC271024.jpg

Al.

My Hacidic Hillbilly partner and I cracked a couple of cold Stella's when we got back to the Ranchero.

Well you might want to change your signature line while you are sipping back a Stella.

I'll tell ya' that saw sure is a far cry from a POS repainted blue Homelite from Larry in North Sac..........LOLing.

That is so nice! I have never seen one so well looked after. It makes me want abandon restoration on mine.:msp_unsure:

PC271024.jpg

Al.

Thanks. If Jonathan had not responded to psuiewalsh's post in the craigs/ebay thread I would have missed it. I mentioned Ambull to the guy but he really didn't want to ship it. I paid $400.00 for it in the end. When we couldn't get it to stay running I gave the old "Now what did you want for this........" He mentioned Ambull's offer and the seller was a decent guy. I wanted us to both leave feeling like we got a decent deal. So he cut the extra $25 off to pay for new fuel line and carb kit.

Thanks. If Jonathan had not responded to psuiewalsh's post in the craigs/ebay thread I would have missed it. I mentioned Ambull to the guy but he really didn't want to ship it. I paid $400.00 for it in the end. When we couldn't get it to stay running I gave the old "Now what did you want for this........" He mentioned Ambull's offer and the seller was a decent guy. I wanted us to both leave feeling like we got a decent deal. So he cut the extra $25 off to pay for new fuel line and carb kit.

You did really well on that deal Randy, in fact you did so well let me be the first one to say, "You Suck!!!"..................:hmm3grin2orange:

awesome saw :rock: Im not sure how hard it is to find parts for them, but im guessing not easy. Even though the saw looks in great shape, I would be carefully looking for any air leaks, becasue a lean sezie will ruin anyones day. Do you know if its had fuel mix sitting in it? When the carb was last rebuilt? Other here will have much better idea on these things than me, but for the cost of a new fuel filter, fuel line carb kit and some leak testing it sure will bring peice of mind

Excellent find, certainly do not see many of that era Solos in anywhere near that good of condition. Very nice.

My Hacidic Hillbilly partner and I cracked a couple of cold Stella's when we got back to the Ranchero.

Nice saw,you did well:rock: I just picked up a Sachs.Dolmar 166 in mint condition,original bar,owned by an old faller for $175:D He was selling all his work gear.there are bargains to be had,right place ,right time:biggrinbounce2:

Glad to see a member get it. Was trying to get a hold of my nephew in Md. yesterday to get that one for me.

Great Score !!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Congrats on the new muscle saw. Now get er runnin!!!!!

Reminds me that I have a 635 that I need to restore.

Yup. I am going to start with new lines and a carb kit. As soon as I heard her fire up strong and I felt there were no ignition problems I new I had to have it. I just need to figure out what inner/outer diameter line I need.

I was hoping to see someone here get that saw, congrats on the "score". The saw looks even better than it did in the CL ad, must be something with the light in Maryland. :msp_biggrin:

Yes Johnnie the iron curtain that we live behind in the State of Murderland does not reflect the same 2nd amendment rights that you have in Virginia but that makes for really nice photos. Frankly, the photos don't do it justice. All of the original stickers look near mint. Paint looks great, with just a few knocks and chips. I also like the insane 36" bar. I just hope I can get it running smooth myself.

Back