16" bar for a Stihl MS 194 T saw with an .043 gauge chain and 55 drive links

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calamari

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ordered two chains from a good supplier who made a simple mistake and apparently made up two chains with .043 gauge instead of the .050 gauge my saw takes. I tried to send them back and even sent a check to cover their expenses for the two wrong chains. I want their company to continue as it is so I thought I'd carry the relatively small expense for the two chains. I also thought I'd just buy a cheap 16" bar that fits the saw with a .043 gauge and use up the chains. They never cashed my check or have responded to my emails about it leaving me in the position of paying $25 for a stop payment on the check. "No good deed goes unpunished," as they say.
I can't find a bar that fits both the chains and the saw that is .043 gauge. Does anyone have a site that carries this unicorn? I never understood why they make the small saws with both gauges anyway. Anybody know the advantage for a .043 gauge bar?

Back