194t larger bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrote a long reply and then somehow was able to lose it. I'm not very computer savvy nor very camera savvy from the looks of the photos' focus. I used macro but this is the sharpness I got.
As you can see, Franny K was right about the clutch basket being open to the outside. I looked everywhere steel to steel contact occurred on these parts of the saw and only during that idle to transition to the lock up period. The noise isn't from soft metal or plastic contact or sloppy clearances on the parts. I've come to two conclusions. The first is that it has to be when the clutch weights are just starting to make contact with the basket and they are sliding around The problem with that is that sometimes the noise will continue for a brief period after lock up and I can't see any marks inside the basket.
The second is that I now think the dealer was right. I'll just run it until something fails and then say with a smug look on my face,"Ha! I knew that's what it was all along!" I just hope it isn't anything expensive like the crank.
FYI, the crank snout was blue like that when the saw was brand new and the dealer took it apart to lube the needle bearing as a fix for the noise. It's not any bluer now.
1724243624820.png
1724243597541.png

1724243554715.png1724243442341.png

Back