2083 II Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony isn't this saw a new version of the old 830? When I saw this in the catalog I was amazed that it was still in the lineup.

I learned some of this from this forum, so maybe I'm spending too much time here. The 2083II is very similar to the former 2077. It seems that the larger bore version couldn't be cleaned up enough to match EPA regs; too much unburned HC was getting through.

The 2077 and 2083 appeared in the mid '90's, not long after ELux gobbled up Partner (or was it Pioneer?). Anyway the basic saw design had come from there, and Elux decided to sell it as a Jonny. Our Illustrious Dennis had a Poulan Pro version of this series, but with a smaller-yet bore, for only about 66cc.

My wife decided that since I got myself a new Husky 395Xp for my birthday this year I could easily do without my '96 vintage 2077, so it was donated to the church fund-raiser yard sale. :angry: I'd have given her 2 or 3 old McCullochs with nary a thought. Worst part was that I didn't know she'd done it until I saw it there!

Who ever has it, I hope they treasure it.

My wife would be sleeping on the lawn furniture outside:blob5:

Oh yeah, she makes a lot more money then me so never mind, back to the lawn furniture for me:D

Maybe I should have told the rest of the story...She wanted a new deck, and wanted it up before her brothers come over the 4th to drink my booze; I told her I didn't think we could afford it until after mid-summer.

Then I found an unbeatable offer.

SHE thought I was being dishonest and dishonorable. She's sorta right, too. That 2077 handled a 24" bar just fine, so maybe I didn't really NEED the Husky. I sure wanted it, though...

Methoss....the 830 and the 2083 are quite a bit different..body design..cylinder design...

I have a 2077, an older 2083 and yes, the smaller version in a Poulan...the new 2083's do have the 2077 piston and cylinder..due to it not meeting EPA regs...

The 2077 is the only one I use out of the bunch right now, and it seems to cut and run very well...havent had time to "build" it yet....but one of these days...

So, do you think the saw was designed by the old Partner team or was it a Husqvarna design.

It doesn't look like anything else from Husky, Pioneer, or Poulan does it?

Are you saying it was not a Jonsered design?

Does the 2095 have similar origins?

I asked our Jonsered factory representative about these saws a few month ago.The answer that I received was(Partner had the saw designed before the big E take over but never produced it.)
Later
Dan

dozerman,

I sorta thought that would be the case, Partner I mean. It stands to reason that they would have had something in the mill at the time of big Es takeover. You can sorta see some of P5000 styling in it. The saw just doesn't have much resemblance to anyone elses stuff.

I sold Partners in the early 80s. People liked them.

Why big E would have wanted Pioneer is what has puzzled me. Their product was so out of date that I would not have thought that they would have given big E much competition worries, but then I never understood why they would have wanted Poulan either.

Latest posts

Back