246xp piston into a 44mm 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mightycaptain

Reaction score
Tore down my original Husky 350. Compression was pretty low. Had to replace the intake clamp to a metal one from plastic and just kept on going. Piston and ring are worn pretty well but not scored, piston has a small amount of scuffing in one spot on the exhaust side. I plugged the decompression valve and figured I would put a new caber ring on the piston. Cylinder if free from any defect. Can only buy the rings as a pair for 14 bucks or so. But then a meteor piston and ring kit is only 20 bucks more. But then I seen the 246xp is also 44mm. It's windowed which may provide no benefit but I would think it is a lighter piston. But I can't find measurements for it to compare against the 44mm 350 piston. Do you guys think that it would work if the wrist pin is the same diameter? It wouldn't be worth machining the piston to make it fit. Or if you just happen to have measurements for it that would be great too. I've seen build threads where it's been used in like a Partner 5000 but not a 350. Piston kit is the same price for either. So I am curious. Of note I have never developed an air leak at the intake clamp, nor have I had the muffler issue common to these saws. And I have the run the fool out of that saw since 2003. Lucky.

Back