262xp no fuel flow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Snyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the fuel tank vents on a 262XP? Do I have to separate the tank from chassis to get to the vent?

New fuel filter,and carb cleaned.

I looked at my Jonsered stuff already ; all I have is the latest books and the latest models. I am assuming that EPA has caused them to change the way they vent from when this 262 was built.

I disconnected fuel line at the carb, turned the saw on its side and no fuel runs, loosen the gas cap and good fuel flow.

Tony, I don't know, but for what it is worth I recently had trouble with my 268XP. Would run then not run. Starve then seem to be too rich. The saw is old with lots of use and compression was lower than it used to be so I took it in for an overhaul. The mechanic puta new ring in and chased the real problem all over the place-bottom line-a faulty check valve in the carb body.

Tony,

It definetly sounds to me like a vent line is plug off somewhere on your saw,sorry but I'm new to Husky's and have no idea where it would be,I'm sure Dennis or Dunn could tell you though..

Later Rob..

Got it fixed, the vent pipe is about 2 inches long with one of those porous things in the outer end. The whole thing must be pushed out from the inside by working thru the fuel cap opening. It is sealed in there with silicone chewing gum.

You about have to bend up a screwdriver to make a special service tool to get it out.

I would not have had to remove the fuel tank to accomplish this task.

Latest posts

Back