28" Bar On A 372?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WRM, here's the willow that I used the 28" bar on ...... 58" at the stump!!! Not the biggest ....but its the biggest I've done.

Jeff

Great job Jeff. That tree is just about the right size for the 372 after your mods, huh.:D Russ

Russ, any bigger and I might have needed that "tweaked" 385 your runnin':D :D Prolly the biggest 'll ever do!!!

Jeff

Great pic Jeff... Be neet to see what the rest of that tree looked like. Pretty close to the house too...
Your still leaving us in suspense after all the discussion about how the 372 would handle that bar (back to the original intent of your post)

Jeff

Jeff, the 372 seemed to handle the 28" bar fine...don't think I would use anything longer on this saw.....good excuse for a "bigger" saw. I've got another question...I don't have much experience with bars over 20" does a longer bar/chain set up require a little more tension on the chain? The reason I ask is I threw the 28" chain twice while using it....never had trouble with shorter bars:confused: Oh yeah, the tree was close to the house about 1/3 of its canopy was over the house......had piece down over half the tree....the homeowner took some pics of the tree with work in process...see what I can do to post them .

Jeff

Latest posts

Back