• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 288xp full wrap handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin for 288xp full wrap. Some say 281 fits?

Also, for those in-the-know, will it require a special brake flag?

Thanks
Yes, 281 is the same. And, yes on the flag, however, I tried one of the AM covers from Dukes and it works fine.
How pretty does the handle need to be?
Might have an extra

Looks pretty durn good except the welded section.
I am interested.

Is there an extra plate or block in the center at the bottom to join the two halves?
The 288 and 281 that I have don’t have the blocks like the 266/268, 480 and 2100.
I may have extra blocks, however.
The weld could be ground down. Done by my neighbor…retired pro aircraft industry welder.

You looked on eBay?
$200 for used in ok condition. 😳. But…I wonder if one of the many $50 372, 390, 395 wrap handles could be adapted to the older 281/288 saws.
I bet the 395 one would fit with new holes drilled and a little bending. I don’t have a 395 here at the moment to try. Do have a 372 and 390…
I know those 372 handles can be modified to fit the 266/268 saws.

I think it would work on my saw. My plastic brake flag hits just about flush with the muffler as your metal one does.

I didn't see a price, so for $25 I'll get you a shipping address right away. Ha.
The plastic flag sits a little closer but still clears...at least the AM one does. Don't know about oe.1000003939.jpg

$200 for used in ok condition. 😳. But…I wonder if one of the many $50 372, 390, 395 wrap handles could be adapted to the older 281/288 saws.
I bet the 395 one would fit with new holes drilled and a little bending. I don’t have a 395 here at the moment to try. Do have a 372 and 390…
I know those 372 handles can be modified to fit the 266/268 saws.
Rattler put a 395 one on a 288 if I recall right, somewhere there's pics of it.

Latest posts

Back