Cast Iron Cookware

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have several older skillets.
Now that I know someone "might" be interested I'll pull them out of the cabinet tomorrow and take some photos for you.
I don't do yard sales and I don't like the PP and ebay fees, but there's no point in keeping them if someone else can use them
I used to like cooking with them, but they are so heavy... especially after there's food in them. :oops:

I do like the round flat gridle for pancakes and crepes though. You can't have that one. :p

Two different, current, Lodge, cast iron griddles.
IMG_7995.jpeg
IMG_7996.jpeg
9-1/2 X 16-3/4”; 10-1/2 X20” (outside dimensions).

I was disappointed how the smaller one just barely covered the burners on my gas stove. Especially, based on the way cast iron distributes heat.

IMG_7997.jpeg

The additional cooking surface is not that much bigger, but I think that it will heat more evenly.

They also offer a third model (!), about the size of the smaller one, but with nicer handles.

Philbert

As a novice cast iron cook I picked up three pieces this week from two scrapyards. This one is easy to ID as a Lodge. I don't know the vintage, but guessing it's relatively new.
20240918_131912.jpg

This pot was interesting with the top, I think someone should recognize it (assuming they go together.)
20240919_175309.jpg

20240919_175323.jpg
20240919_175201.jpg
20240919_175228.jpg
And this small cornbread pan.
20240919_175248.jpg
20240919_175238.jpg

20240919_175347.jpg
Can anyone provide any info on them? Thanks.

Nice find!

Top one is one of Lodge’s ‘Chef’s Series’ skillets. Sold in a couple of sizes (measure across the top).

Middle is a Dutch oven with cover. The style you have is typically used over a camp fire (wire bail for hanging and retrieving), but it can be also used on a stove top or in an oven.

Bottom is a corn bread pan, as labeled.

All can probably be cleaned, saved, and used.

Philbert

(Not) Scraping By

Wanted to protect my stacked cookware. Not just seasoned cast iron, but enameled, non-stick, etc.

New pans are often packed in corrugated cardboard, so I started with circles of that (like mini-pizza trays), or pieces of old towels.

Found some silicone ‘stars’ on clearance at a fancy kitchen store (red in photo), but regular price was ridiculous. Same with heavy, felt ones.
IMG_8176.jpeg

Settled on some thick, rubber, shelf liner material from a home center. Made a pattern out of a piece of cardboard.
IMG_8173.jpeg

Will see how they work?

IMG_8175.jpeg
Philbert

Back