372 Heavy Duty Felling Dogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I highly recommend you pick up a set of these at these price while you can. The stock dogs are totally puney. These are a huge improvement to the saw, and for only $15!!. I got them from Baileys on a special. LINK. They are OEM as well.

530494385_e7BdR-M.jpg

530494375_g5Y6Z-M.jpg

Last edited:
A set of those came with my West Coast 2186 (along with the full wrap handle) and they are nice! Just picked up a set for the 2171. Not sure yet if it will wear them all the time because you do lose some bar length with them and most of the time I run a 20" on the 2171. You can't beat them for the price though!

Yeah! I have a set of those for my 390, and I like them more than the pro safety dogs. They do take a small modification to fit on the 390. That is a smokin price on those too, quality heads-up from Brad.

A set of those came with my West Coast 2186 (along with the full wrap handle) and they are nice! Just picked up a set for the 2171. Not sure yet if it will wear them all the time because you do lose some bar length with them and most of the time I run a 20" on the 2171. You can't beat them for the price though!
I believe they are stock on the Jonsereds. I really should get a little longer bar for this saw. It's still wearing the 20" bar that came with it and it's got a ported 372BB on it:dizzy:

quality heads-up from Brad.

Gregg has more than taken care of me, so a little payback is certainly in order. I wouldn't want to see fellow CADist miss out on a good deal either!:cheers:

Last edited:
That's a good deal. Maybe it's time for me to stock up on bars and chain from Baileys again. Was waiting for the pound to jump back up, but i think I may have to strike while the iron's hot here.

:cheers:

I believe they are stock on the Jonsereds. I really should get a little longer bar for this saw. It's still wearing the 20" bar that came with it and it's got a ported 372BB on it:dizzy:

Gregg has more than taken care of me, so a little payback is certainly in order. I wouldn't want to see fellow CADist miss out on a good deal either!:cheers:

Hey, I noticed you said you have a 372BB kit on this saw, how do you like it?I am planning on a rebuild of my 372 in the very near future, and considered the BB over the stock cylinder/piston kit.Any concerns about it?What kind of carb adjustments did you have to make after the install?

The only real concern was the roof of the exhaust port. It was actuall convex instead of concave. I had to raise it a lot to get the proper shape, and I don't like to raise exhaust at all. Fortunately, compression is still 150 PSI. Other than that it was fine. I'm using their rings as well. I do not have much time on it, but it is turning 15,000 RPMs WOT.

Brad- did you do the upper transfers in your BB kit? The last one I did the upper transfers were pretty big.

I tapered them back towards the intake. I did not raise them. I raised the exhaust sufficient to get a good shape since it was convex, reshaped and lowered the intake 3*-4*, worked the transfers as above, and tapered the dividers at the transfer intakes. I plan to go back in and do a popup hopefully soon.

to me they look big on that saw, and im usualy a go bigger kinda person. they look bigger then the dawgs on the xpw

I highly recommend you pick up a set of these at these price while you can. The stock dogs are totally puney. These are a huge improvement to the saw, and for only $15!!. I got them from Baileys on a special. LINK. They are OEM as well.

530494385_e7BdR-M.jpg

530494375_g5Y6Z-M.jpg

The saw looks really good with that low filter cover! :clap::clap:

i wonderd about the filter cover. i would guessed it to be 359 or 365

Is that another port on that muffler? That looks like factory work to me but ive never seen one come with it piped like that.

Back