372 Heavy Duty Felling Dogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting the dogs.
:cry::cry: Tried to order a set online but the shipping came to $20 bucks US.
total would have been $36 US about $40 Canadian:dizzy:
I don't think that was correct so I emailed them to see whats up.

that is an extra port.

brad got any pics of the 359 mufflers youve modded. did you gut them? did you gut that 372 or is all hollow already.

I highly recommend you pick up a set of these at these price while you can. The stock dogs are totally puney. These are a huge improvement to the saw, and for only $15!!. I got them from Baileys on a special. LINK. They are OEM as well.

530494385_e7BdR-M.jpg

530494375_g5Y6Z-M.jpg

Your 372 looks like it has no back bone........

i did a big bore recently too, and had exact same problem on exhuast....was not happy bout it, but did my best to raise it little as possible...almost flat, but gave it big bevel in middle and hardly any near the outsides so as to allow the ring to push in and out instead of catching..may work may not....only ran it once, but had ineough torque to pulla buried 28" square full comp with 8 pin in oak that was cut 8 months ago and never stop turning no matter how slow....only dislike was my WOT droped to 13000, just my 2 cents.

Is that another port on that muffler? That looks like factory work to me but ive never seen one come with it piped like that.

that is an extra port.

brad got any pics of the 359 mufflers youve modded. did you gut them? did you gut that 372 or is all hollow already.

That's a "Jungle" muffler. The tube you see is the factory port. The muffler is totally hollow with not spark arrestor screen or anything. I have added another on the top using a Husky deflector.

Well, I ran into a snag with the same felling dogs you just installed Brad. Threw them on the 2171 last night and they looked GOOD! Problem was now the saw wouldn't fit in the Husky box anymore! Had to go back to the stock dogs because the box makes packing the saw, oil, tools, etc. much more convenient for traveling to the cutting site on the back of the 4 wheeler. Husky needs to make their boxes about 2 inches longer and about the same amount higher. :cry:

The post above said a 2171 and I knew they were close but didn't know they were the identical. Thank you.

This might sound stupid, but what is the biggest advantage of the bigger dogs? You would loose some bar length.

big dawgs are nice in thick bark. most trees that have soft bark that needs the big dawgs also are softwoods and you are running super long bars anyway

Back