4-wheeler.com chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homeka45

Reaction score
I've been enjoying the website and have decided to purchase a shindaiwa chainsaw and a line trimmer for some light land clearing on a 50A parcel my wife and I just purchased. I've found them at 4-wheeler.com for a lot cheaper than I can get them here in Hawaii. Approx. 100 to 200 $s cheaper. Anyone here have any experience good or bad with purchasing items from them? Thank you for your time and consideration.

Not affiliated w/ 4-wheeler.com

Looks Like Retail

Hi Homeka45, I had never heard of that site so I checked them out. The only Shindaiwa price I know offhand is for the 488. The price listed at 4-wheeler.com is the mainland US MSRP of $379. Another poster here, I think it was Armyguy, posted a link to a place who would sell this saw for $329. Sorry I don`t have the link, but someone else may. Shipping to you may be expensive, but I can`t picture it being $100 dollars or more. One thing you should know however is that Shindaiwa has a retail policy of no mailordering, so you could end up with a problem on warranty work through a local dealer. By all accounts I`ve seen, you should never need to use the warranty on your Shinny equipment though. BTW, welcome aboard! Russ

Yeah, Surprised to see them online. They take that very seriously.

Jokers,
Thanks for the information, I'll try a search for $329 and see if I get lucky. If Shindaiwa has a policy against mail order it's no wonder their prices are so high. I decided on the shinnies after talking to some of our county parks and recreation workers. They say they're close to bulletproof even with daily use. We'll see.

From what I hear talking to other local dealers, Shindaiwa is a very trouble free trimmer/brushcutter. I would pick them up but another local dealer has them. I don't know much about thier pricing, but I suggest you buy quality not price. You will be happier in the long run.

Latest posts

Back