562xp Mk2 or MS400c?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 562xp is not the same size saw as the ms400. There is almost 8 cc's difference between the two saws. The 562 is 59.8 and the ms400 is 66.9 cc's. In my opinion the ms400 is a different class and it should be a stronger saw and the price reflects that. Both are great saws but the power to weight the Stihl is going to win and should have better performance in larger stuff. The ms362 is more apples to apples to the 562xp.
Its the same physical size and that's what counts IMO.
The 362 is a turd and should be discontinued.

I would have to say the 400 even though i do not own a single Stihl saw. Have just heard heard negative things about the 562xp lately. I have a 550xp and a 572xp and love them both…:confused:
I ran a early 562XP heavily for several years. At that time it completely burried the MS361 Stihl. I had zero issues with that saw.

What negative?
Early models had several issues that were tackled through running changes. Carb issues, bearing issues and heat soak issues. There was also a case update to add a bolt to the oil tank area. Having owned a 2012 model till a few years ago, they didn't all have these issues. The newer models have been very reliable. I haven't gotten to run a mk2 yet, but I'd be hard pressed to believe it will have quite the power of the older models since it now runs a dished piston.

Early models had several issues that were tackled through running changes. Carb issues, bearing issues and heat soak issues. There was also a case update to add a bolt to the oil tank area. Having owned a 2012 model till a few years ago, they didn't all have these issues. The newer models have been very reliable. I haven't gotten to run a mk2 yet, but I'd be hard pressed to believe it will have quite the power of the older models since it now runs a dished piston.
I have had a MK1 and a 2020 model which was ordered, not off the dealer shelf, the air cleaners were different, so I believe the second was a MK2 I didn’t notice a power difference, I don’t think they list one, but I didn’t know about the dished piston.

I have had a MK1 and a 2020 model which was ordered, not off the dealer shelf, the air cleaners were different, so I believe the second was a MK2 I didn’t notice a power difference, I don’t think they list one, but I didn’t know about the dished piston.
The 2020 model was just an update, not a mk2. At the time husqy offered a retrofit kit for the new (greatly improved) airfikter and intake horn for the earlier models too.
Mk2 saws should have been 22 or 23 models. Depending on dealer/ warehouse inventory i would have expected most to see them sometime in 23 on shelves.

Mark2 is just coming out now. It is labeled mark2 on the starter cover.

The 562xp is not the same size saw as the ms400. There is almost 8 cc's difference between the two saws. The 562 is 59.8 and the ms400 is 66.9 cc's. In my opinion the ms400 is a different class and it should be a stronger saw and the price reflects that. Both are great saws but the power to weight the Stihl is going to win and should have better performance in larger stuff. The ms362 is more apples to apples to the 562xp.
I like them both. I feel stock 562xp has the lower cost, and Stihl offers lighter bars.

I’ve been mainly using the ms462 28” light bar and ms362 20”bar every day for hazard tree work. And then when I bought the 562 as my personal saw, it didn’t feel any more nimble than the ms462.

What I would love to get more experience on is how the ms400 and the 562xp handle in twisted/tension wood, since the ms462 does well in those cases while still being nimble.

Latest posts

Back