A better chain for an EGO 1800

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogfoo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought an EGO 1800 for occasional, light duty use when I'm headed to my out-of-town property with the wife and hounds in her SUV - and I don't want to pack a gas saw and associated fuel/oil. Not cheap, but it's still a homeowner saw, so I expected to be fully underwhelmed. The EGO has not disappointed in this regard. The few times using it I was wishing for my Husq 372XP.

Yes, I could have bought a better battery saw. But since I really don't want to be using it much, I chose to save the additional funds for my next gas saw.

With the whining complete, here's the question: This saw comes with a cheap (and required for homeowner use) anti-kickback chain. I figure the saw might do better with a better chain. Has anyone else run something similar - 3/8 pitch LP, 0.050 width, 62 DL - and had good luck?

Thanks,
dogfood

...I have to use an EGO at my sister-in-laws in hotanddry central Texas as she's worried about a fire... works fine on taking down the invasive Chinaberrys there & making firewood for them. Oregon makes EGO's chains I believe & they'll work fine - I opt of the one without the double-raker (safety chain...) as the power of the unit - in good hands - can be controlled quite well.

Sorry I don't have a chain # for Oregon ... I've a Stihl MSA-220 battery unit I use to supplement my gas saws doing restoration work for limbing, trimming & small felling and recently switched them over to a chain that has worked quite well from Saw Salvage - Travis Creek in PA. Take a look...

https://www.sawsalvage.co/products/...-chisel-chainsaw-chain?variant=44690472206554

(you might have to fish down the list to find your spec. but its there...)
Best!

Latest posts

Back