A Tale Of Two Zips

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had a good running Homelite Zip for several years. Last week Arrowhead found all those old NOS bar, which included several NOS Zip bars. Then a pic of this "new" Zip was posted. I decided they belonged together...in my collection. So, here's the new addition.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cpFhM_p8abM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG8267-M.jpg

IMG8268-M.jpg

IMG8270-M.jpg

IMG8269-M.jpg

IMG8271-M.jpg

IMG8272-M.jpg

Here's my "old" one. It's a good runner. I previously split the case and went all through this saw. It will now be looking for a new home.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VeV4Ky0hd2c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG8274-M.jpg

IMG8276-M.jpg

IMG8275-M.jpg

IMG8277-M.jpg

IMG8278-M.jpg

IMG8279-M.jpg

IMG8281-M.jpg

386567354_2LoT9-M.jpg

Last edited:
I genuinely do not know why I bought it. I didnt need it, I just have that habit of buying saws I guess. No hope for me, no hope. haha

Saw came in last night, thanks again Brad. Hopefully it isnt a box full of bricks, I havent opened it yet!

The Zip looks real nice with that new bar, it looks like you fixed the recoil on it. I think the little old lady that lives behind me had a flashback from the noise coming from my laptop.

I've been known to let a saw sit in a box a day or two. Its like a Christmas present, waiting to be opened. In all honesty, Ive been way to busy to get after it. Opening a saw up is an ordeal for me (engine sounds, the whole nine yards). Seemed like I havent been able to find any deals, and then about a dozen or so struck in a week- and Ive been in a hustle to get some of them sold.

I did nothing to the recoil. If you pull it fast, it grabs everytime. Pull it slow and it doesn't.

That's SOP for Fairbanks Morse type starters. Give it a quick snap to seat the dogs, then pull to start. Different animal than a pawl type starter (which you want to slowly pull until engage to keep from beating things up).

Latest posts

Back