Arnold saw races

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
On Sunday my brother and I went to a small town in California for some saw racing. There were three saw classes. Sawracer took a first in the six cubic inch with his 2100 and a third with his 090 in the big saw event. I posted a second in the five cubic inch and a third in the six cubic inch. I was lucky and got a second in the ax throw with 18 entries. There were lots of competitors. Even the big saw had 13 entries. The log was about 28" in diameter and the winning time was 6.51. That was a Mc Kart. Second was 7.21 and also a Mc. Sawracr was third with a 7.51. The slowest time was 12.95. That is pretty close for 13 people. If you think these times are slow try cutting a 28" log and beat these times. (not you Robert). Here is a picture of sawracr doing his thing. Mike

Big weekend

I was waiting to hear about some of the fun over the long weekend. I bet there were a ton of races and festivals going on. Here in MI, summer is short so we have festivals every weekend. I attended the Newaygo Logging festival in Newaygo MI. It is a arts and craps show, lions bingo tent, parade, and to cap it all off they have a logging contest on sunday. There were people from NY, NH, OR, all over canada, and a guy from Australia. The aussie was really cool, I talked with him about his hot saw, a single cylinder ski-doo with 325cc. He said a guy from MN built it for him. He is sponsored by GB bars, so he is going to sell me his old bar for it. He travels the US in summer and AU in winter, endless summer, gotta love that. Saw a couple other hot saws there, a yamaha 125 included. I was all set to run my 1961 Mac, but they canceled the antique class. Real bummer for me since I just spent 6 months and a few duckets getting it ready. There were some serious pros there, with trucks filled with saws to the gills. A was looking at a woodsman site, and a couple world record holders were there. The smell of alcohol and nitrous was a little thick. the other activities included ax throwing, underhand wood chopping, bow saw, a water boiling contest, J&J cross cut. I competed in the stock contest with a nice husky. Didnt stand too much of a chance because they run the pros with the amateurs now, another change from years past. Still a blast and lots of fun watching all of the action. Hope to hear about some other events, JB

MI contest

Hey John, could you tell me more about the MI contest you just mentioned. It might not be too far away from me. Would there be a class for McC kart engined saws to compete in? How about other antique saws?
Scott

a long drive I think

Iwas in Newaygo MI. 40 mi north of grand rapids, so about a 6 hour drive from milwaukee, whether you go through Chicao or over the UP and across the bridge. I think the open class was just that, kinda run what ya brung. There were some freaky looking saws for that, will post some pics when I can. They canceled the antique class, but I am going to make sure they have it next year. Open to anything 25 years old or something like that. any brand. There was a bigger event north of me, in Evart I think on monday. I had other plans and could not make it there. I checked out the axemans site, and they have a schedule but it looks like all professional events. I want to look around and find a some amatuers to compete with and antiques. I dont mean pro wood cutting people, though they have major advantages with plenty of time for experience, I mean the guys on ESPN who travel and make their living in these contests. If you come across something like this let me know, and I will do the same.

Back