blue super xl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
well in my running today i came accross a really clean blue super xl. dang it was tempting. guy wanted 75 ,which was more than i wanted to put in a saw,that heavy.
still its nice to run into one that clean.
picked it up an am reminded of what i might have lost, in strength an endurance since 25 .i use to climb an everything w that thing. never ever thought about it being heavy.course i also remember coming in in the evening and my legs cramping ever step toward the door. got better sense now.:)

A little while back I picked up a blue XL12, with a 16 inch bar. Not sure what type of bar it is (not much of a arborist - yet), but the end of the bar is a rotating wheel. It's had some muffler mods done, and is quite loud, but that thing will cut. It is heavy, doesn't have a chain brake, and will vibrate your hand, but I sure like it. If you were a little closer, I'd say your more than welcome to pick it up and swing it around any time you like.
I also have a pretty old red SuperXL, that was my Dad's. It has a 20 inch bar, and will cut extremely well also. I don't cut all day every day, and that might make a difference, but I actually like the SuperXL better than an older Stihl 025 that I had borrowed for a few days. I'd like to modify the muffler on it now, but not really sure how.
Randy

Have no remorse about leaving the blue Super XL, they were even worse than the red Super XLs. They were heavy for their power, lots of vibration, and notorious fuel boilers in hot weather. Collect it if you like it, use it, no.

Latest posts

Back