Chain saw info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawyer40

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Is there a book or somthing that the judges in contests use to tell what saw fits in what class. For instance my o24 super is more than 3.0 ci but the 031 is just under 3.0 and what model johnsared [dont even know how to spell johnsared]fits this class how about husky? there must be something to take the guessing out of saw classification?

classes

Seemas to be a secret. I went to the NY loggers Assoc. site and really did not see any class breaks. Also seems the stock saw classes are going by the wayside.
Will a 5.3 Chevy fit a 16inch bar?

sawyer,
what you are looking for is often refered to as the blue book.
i have a listing to almost any saw made. it does lack some but for the most part is what is needed in todays stock saw events.
marty

id like to have that also. but prefer one that goes back further if available.
otherwise i might opt for two.
i travel a lot and am thinking it would help me decide on the deals that werent just obvious. thanks ,if u got any info,
i could sure use it.
i know there is or was a site on the internet that u pay a dollar or so for just this type service. problem when im out
looking at these older saws. ithis service doesnt help much. as u need to work fast if its good deal.
also if anyone is looking for particular saws,i see a lot. eample. 2 wks ago i looked at a 066 in good working condition250,025 in case with the whole shebang, new for 150.an older but good condition. olympic in the 50 cc range 70 and a new craftsman in case for 55 dollars. and various ther saws. be glad to try and help anyone out on the forum.this aint an ad as i just appreciate the help u fellows have given me.all i get is gas price for looking and shipping. plus an oportunity to see if this is something i can really do well at . ive not missed on a saw yet. just one back pack blower.
of course after while ill be trying to make a profit but the offer is for now,and a while,while i figure the ends an outs. i dont buy out the back of trucks ,an such. and get reciept,an history if possible.ps in this area about 88 cc is the biggest ive seen and only one that big.

Back