Chainsaw Clamp???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepyfz450

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody here come up with a good way to carry your saw in the back of the truck? I was trying to build my own saw clamp to keep the saw secure and out of the way what do you think of this?

DSC02375.jpg

Picture bolting this flat to the front of your truck box so the saw is sticking out above the bed.
DSC02376.jpg

just loosen the wing nuts drop the saw in and tighten it up. the nice part is that its made of a nylon material so it wont ding up your chain

DSC02377.jpg

here is the saw in the clamp. I just got rid of my truck so i dont have anything to mount it on yet. holds strong finger tight should work good.

DSC02378.jpg

DSC02379.jpg

let me know what you think.

would it be mounted like that in ur truck ,good idea but would the weight of the powerhead damage the bar when travelling on rough roads etc,just a thought:)

I have no idea what they are called (HELP) but instead of wing nuts you might try and find some clamps that work with a cam action. You don't need the infinite adjustment of the wing bolt and a "cam" clamp would work much easier.

Other than that slap a model number on it and sell it!

Yeah it will mount just as shown flat against the truck bed. I might just mount it to my tractor to see how it works. im not sure about what type of cam bolts you are talking but if you figure it out let me know.

would it be mounted like that in ur truck ,good idea but would the weight of the powerhead damage the bar when travelling on rough roads etc,just a thought:)

That's how most of the "Wood Chucks" carry their saws round here. You'll see a pick-up with stake sides and 3,4,5,6 saws all bar down, power head sticking up over the cab...

well if it works and the saw doesnt bounce around i guess i dont care what it looks like. the though is that with a truck bed full of wood either the saw just sets up on the pile or gets clamped in to be out of the way and secure

Back