Chainsaw recommendation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what you describe, I would be inclined to get an Echo if you have a decent stocking dealer close by. I have a CS-400 at the farm that spends most of its life in the bed of the beater truck for quick utility tasks. Out of all the saws I have access to, its the most frequently used. If I am going to spend any notable time with one in my hands I go to a bigger saw, but if I need to make a few quick cuts for general purpose tasks, its the one that cranks easy and isn't finicky about warmup/maintenance/etc. Bars/chains are on the shelf at Home Depot and Ace Hardware local to me, as well as at the only decent small engine shop near the farm, which is more of a mower/landscape dealer than a saw shop.

If you want to go slightly bigger, the CS-590 is great as well. I don't own one personally, but neighbor at the farm has one that he uses for essentially the same thing as our CS-400, and its held up fine.

Back