Chainsaw Storage Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieG

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Storing your equipment on the garage/barn floor is not the best thing for it( I, too, am in violation!). Anyone have interesting, yet practical, alternatives for chainsaw:chainsaw: (and accessories) storage. Pics are worth a thousand words.

here is how I store mine.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I can't remember who it was but someone on here had some strongbox type cabinets. I liked that cabinet the best it had plenty of room for the saws and the equipment. I just store them in a sawcase on the floor but plan on picking up a nice fireproof cabinet with two doorsI am going to screw that to the wall and put a good padlock on it.

I was just thinking about this subject. I built a new pole barn over the summer and I want to store my saws but display them at the same time. I have 11 saws I would like to display.

Lets see more pics so I can get some ideas.

A local saw shop here has about a 20" diameter tree trunk in the show room with a bunch of plunge cuts in it that the guy slides the guide bars into. There is about 5 or 6 old saws sticking out of the tree, looks kind of neat.

I used to just keep mine in the garage along the wall in their cases. Easy to get to,easy to load in the pickup. Last fall,someone broke in and decided that they too thought easy to load in their pickup.The two replacements are not that easy to get to. A little more work and hassle for me but my Stihls are where I left them when I need to use them again. No displaying stuff like that to the public anybody who knows me well enough to be in my garage or workshop knows what I have.

Well....

I have a Homelite Super XL-925 sitting on the dining room table. My Dolmar 7900 underneath.

A MS361 sitting on the kitchen counter and a Craftsman 4.5(Homelite 450) over by the couch.

My Mono 60 is by my front door and the MS441 is in my bedroom.

Luckily the other Stihl 361 and my 026 are down at my folks place.

...and then I wonder why I'm still single!!

I always have one in my truck for just about any situation. It came in real handy last year when I was coming home and a winter storm blew a tree down across my road. Everybody standing around like a group of ducks looking down a dead duck just quacking and doing nothing. I pulled out my saw and within 15 minutes, had the tree removed and the majority in the back of my truck. But usually underneath my work bench is where my saws are at when not in use.

I can't remember who it was but someone on here had some strongbox type cabinets. I liked that cabinet the best it had plenty of room for the saws and the equipment. I just store them in a sawcase on the floor but plan on picking up a nice fireproof cabinet with two doorsI am going to screw that to the wall and put a good padlock on it.

I'm the guy with the stronghold cabinet. When not in use, all is safe and secure, out of sight and stays clean in the shop.

Bob

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

2238464452_a1449416c2.jpg

Here is the way I carry my saws. Didn't't have the room in the pickup to carry all the saws.....The saw tower was born!
Took abit of figuring to get all of them in there without hitting each other.:chainsaw: but it holds all I need on most jobs.

Can we get some close ups of the hook system, as well as the chain display:) ! The wall mount may be the ticket for me. Anybody else have their own versions of the wall mount system? What size hooks are those, anyway?

2238464452_a1449416c2.jpg

Here is the way I carry my saws. Didn't't have the room in the pickup to carry all the saws.....The saw tower was born!
Took abit of figuring to get all of them in there without hitting each other.:chainsaw: but it holds all I need on most jobs.

that thing is in the back of your pick up on the way to jobs? awesome!
lol

Back