Chainsaw Storage Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always have one in my truck for just about any situation. It came in real handy last year when I was coming home and a winter storm blew a tree down across my road.

I pulled out my saw and within 15 minutes, had the tree removed and the majority in the back of my truck.

Excellent Boyscout lesson here, "Be Prepared"

Good Job!
:clap:

Here's a closeup of the full-wrap hook.
240135612-M.jpg

Here's another angle of the brackets. No closeups. Sorry.
240135548-M.jpg

And the chains.
240135462-M.jpg

Chainsaw storage???

Now that's funny...........................

............................I've got some saws on shelves, a few in cases, one each in my two trucks(work and personal), a few more under the work bench and two tore apart on top of the work bench and counter.

No way am I taking a pic, you guys are going to give me a complex with them fancy selves, cabinets and wall hangings. Nah, I kinda like 'em all over the place and grab which ever one is closest.:chainsaw:

No locks, my shop is protected by Sig Sauer, Remington, Winchester, Springfield Armory, Glock, etc..................... "if you're discovered here tonight, you'll found here tomorrow morning".:buttkick:

Last edited:
A local saw shop here has about a 20" diameter tree trunk in the show room with a bunch of plunge cuts in it that the guy slides the guide bars into. There is about 5 or 6 old saws sticking out of the tree, looks kind of neat.

Thats the setup in the equipment shed at the MEA clearing dept in palmer too.Maybe 6' high from what I remember and full of used up dead parts saws,mostly Stihls n a few Echos.Right next to a 55 gal drum of bar oil.
The Husky's are still in the back of the crew trucks,ready to rock n roll.:blob6:

Thats the setup in the equipment shed at the MEA clearing dept in palmer too.Maybe 6' high from what I remember and full of used up dead parts saws,mostly Stihls n a few Echos.Right next to a 55 gal drum of bar oil.
The Husky's are still in the back of the crew trucks,ready to rock n roll.:blob6:

The one I was talking about in in Fesler Equipment in Anchorage. The one in the back of the truck posted above is way better though. I always wondered if you were to pull a big saw out of one side does it fall over?

Now that's funny...........................

............................I've got some saws on selves, a few in cases, one each in my two trucks(work and personal), a few more under the work bench and two tore apart on top of the work bench and counter.

No way am I taking a pic, you guys are going to give me a complex with them fancy selves, cabinets and wall hangings. Nah, I kinda like 'em all over the place and grab which ever one is closest.:chainsaw:

No locks, my shop is protected by Sig Sauer, Remington, Winchester, Springfield Armory, Glock, etc..................... "if you're discovered here tonight, you'll found here tomorrow morning".:buttkick:

I'm with ya, some over here, some over there, some in the trucks, some I can't remember where. It's the damn bar wrenches I can't seem to ever find. Dang it now where did I put that

Scwreches

I'm with ya, some over here, some over there, some in the trucks, some I can't remember where. It's the damn bar wrenches I can't seem to ever find. Dang it now where did I put that

That's why I always pick up a couple when ever I go to shows and such...................

..............can never have too many scwrenches. I have those darn things cached all over the place, on each pair of chaps, in each truck, on the tractor, saw tool box, on the chipper, workbench, etc................ but I still have a hard time finding one now and then.:buttkick:

Maybe put one on a chain like a biker's wallet permanently attached to your person.:clap:

That's why I always pick up a couple when ever I go to shows and such...................

..............can never have too many scwrenches. I have those darn things cached all over the place, on each pair of chaps, in each truck, on the tractor, saw tool box, on the chipper, workbench, etc................ but I still have a hard time finding one now and then.:buttkick:

Maybe put one on a chain like a biker's wallet permanently attached to your person.:clap:

Tried the rubber scrench holder from Bailey's? They work perfect, 3 bucks and change. I still keep spares in the truck and at home, though.

My garage/shop is currently under construction. Plus winter not getting much done. I have "stuff" everywhere.
The good saws are in the extra bedroom along with the highly ultra rare big $$$ yoshimura header for my old kaw 900. :)
sw.jpg

Last edited:
My garage/shop is currently under construction. Plus winter not getting much done. I have "stuff" everywhere.
The good saws are in the extra bedroom along with the highly ultra rare big $$$ yoshimura header for my old kaw 900. :)
sw.jpg

looks like your working on a mufflermod.

hahaha or a Kawasaki.

So is it really bad to store saws out where it is not heated? I really dont have much room in my workshop so saws usually get pushed out to the shed. I do keep bar oil and the little electric saw inside though.

Tried the rubber scrench holder from Bailey's? They work perfect, 3 bucks and change. I still keep spares in the truck and at home, though.
+2

I always wondered if you were to pull a big saw out of one side does it fall over?
the log is bolted and strapped to the truck.

Excellent Boyscout lesson here, "Be Prepared"
That's why I need a bigger truck. Can't carry all the things I want to:cry: :cry:

Last edited:
With the number of saws I have there is little choice but to put them on shelves. I build 10ft high shelves that hold 96 saws. I have built a few and need more. I have saws in 5 buildings. Hopefully someday I will get them down to one building.

Bill

With the number of saws I have there is little choice but to put them on shelves. I build 10ft high shelves that hold 96 saws. I have built a few and need more. I have saws in 5 buildings. Hopefully someday I will get them down to one building.

Bill

We need pics Bill ;). Sounds like we'll need 5 of them lol.

Last edited:
Here's where I keep mine

My son needed to remove a 12'x18' single car garage from his property to add on an attached 24'x24'. We moved the old garage to my back yard (with proper building permits, etc.) and that's where I keep most of my saws now. A few remain in pieces strewn about or waiting for the finishing touches in the workshop in the big garage . I will need to add some more shelves as the saw collection is growing, the ones on the floor are setting on pieces of OSB to keep them from the damp concrete and to soak up the inevitable oil leaks...

Thought you might like to see how we moved the little garage, the flatbed truck was borrowed from the local lumberyard.

Thats neat how you moved the garage, looks like a neat old flatbed truck too. Glad you could save the building and put it to good use.

i have all my saws in the basement in a storage rack. Before i had it in a little shanty in the garden. But in the last time it would be break in in many garages an shantys. So i took it in the basement.
Now i can visit my little friends all time and can speak with it:)

P1010932.jpg

only my big old Dolmar my be in the living room:clap:

P1010873.jpg

Back