cheap green saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
just wondering about the feasability
of taking this cheap electrolux product and reworking it with husky accessaries. the powerheads on these look very much like the higher priced cousin.
it occurs to me that this may be cost prohibitive since u would still have a green saw as a finished product. also this might not be feasable as the carburation
choke etc and i hope the recoil are different than there better thot of cousin.
just wondered if any one has done this.
not sayin there the same basic saw as after looking at the husky saws theres a heck of a lot of difference . or at least it appears so, to this novice. i figure a lot of ,just buy a husky answers ,but thats fine
as it justs a curuiosity to me.ive yet to get the oportunity to work with a good pro type husky saw. but its coming someday. these pros must see somethin they like.thanks ps thats ne thing ive noticed. not many used huskys at the fleas. id read that as a people dont turn them loose ,but may be another reason.

i have noticed that also - That some of the newer Huskies look just like a green box HD special. Whats up with that ?? anyone know??

Mike

I think Electrolux is the parent company for Husky, Jonsered & poulan. There are similarities but the green saws have little or no anti-vibe among other things. - Eric

Electrolux owns Husky, Jonsered, Poulan, Partner, and whatever's left of Pioneer. Most Jonsey models are Huskys, the better Poulans are the same as the low end orange saws.

yea john thats what i didnt want to tell the poor lowes sales lady.
i honestly hope the homeowner husky is a little better . not that some of the pou. pros arnt pretty decent.the onlly problem i ever had with mine was a tendency to vapor lock in heat . didnt appreciate that aspect ofum ,as thats when u under the most stress. thats when my 028 shines.
few incidents like that and i wash my hands ofum. but didnt have to got relieved of it by some thief.
im thinking this 335 pro i have is of vintage that will work in most any condition .it sure does feel good ,and im starting to like the amt of torque at low rpm.but i still got to try me one of them high reving, good name huskies.it just gonna happen sooner or later.

Latest posts

Back