Chipper Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I live in Colorado and have been doing hauling and chipping with a smaller machine, 4" max . I am looking into upgrading my chipper. I have looked at and like the Vermeer models. My quandry is which size to get? Most of my jobs are in tight residential areas and maneuverability is a plus. The trees here are pines and aspens. I am a 1 man operation with occaisonal help. Any sugggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!:)

I suggest you look at the Bandit 65 and 90/95 models. They are much better machines than the 625/930 Vermeers. Each group are 6 or 9 inch chippers, but the Bandits have much larger feed chutes, thus making them easier to use. For maneuverablility they are better than a 12 inch chipper. I have the Bandit 250XP. The new drum Vermeer 1000 is a very good chipper.. but bigger and pricey.

For chipping conifer branches, there is no real need for a 12 inch chipper, except speed.

treetrader.com is a good source.

Latest posts

Back