Chubby Chasin', Woodaholic Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted in your thread. It was what prompted me to take a camera with me to get pictures of my 455 vs. Goliath. Just goes to show it ain't the size of the blade... I hope to see the little chainsaw vs. the big log as a recurrent theme.

When I was 16 I bought a brand new Homelite 220 chainsaw. I broke my 330 homelite and wally world took it back. All they had was a 220 in stock so that is what I got. I had a huge tree at the farm. This thing was around 32 inches (big at the time). I cut it down with that little saw. Then I cut 2 rounds off of it. That took 3 tanks of gas. After I filled up the fourth tank that saw wouldn't start. It didn't have any compression. I took the saw out of the box and really beat on it. Took it back and got another the same day. That one didn't last long either. After that only Stihl, Dolmar, Husky, and a couple Echo saws. I will still cut some big wood with my small saws. Cut a 28inch log with a 346 the other day. It didn't mind.

Scott

Back