Clear and descriptive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess what guys, I used to have a part time job at Home depot (please don't ban me from this forum)

I used to have to sell those pieces of %^^& along with the green Poulans (yeah, I own one, I'll admit)

Imagine the frustration of a customer(s) TELLING you that the NEW Homelites (Mexican, made Deer ones) are better than the Echo's

I had a customer come in this spring with a blue XL-12 looking for a sprocket (ha-ha) I sold him a new 18" Homie & guess who has his old XL-12 that had a siezed sprocket bearing, and 120 lbs of compression.

GOOD old American marketing at its best.

u jus doing your job ,mike .
i like the perks.long as that guy dont come back,after somebody turns the lites on for him. then u can sell it back toim for
a nice repair charge,plus storage etc.:)

Originally posted by Mike mandry
Guess what guys, I used to have a part time job at Home depot (please don't ban me from this forum)

I used to have to sell those pieces of %^^& along with the green Poulans (yeah, I own one, I'll admit)

Imagine the frustration of a customer(s) TELLING you that the NEW Homelites (Mexican, made Deer ones) are better than the Echo's

I had a customer come in this spring with a blue XL-12 looking for a sprocket (ha-ha) I sold him a new 18" Homie & guess who has his old XL-12 that had a siezed sprocket bearing, and 120 lbs of compression.

GOOD old American marketing at its best.

I dont know how you sleep at night:p

I dont know how you sleep at night ??

Is that in regards to working @ HD, Owning a Poulan (I use that when when the neighbors want to borrow a saw- wont let them touch the other ones)

Or, talking an innocent guy out of his XL-12 (He really didnt want it anyway)

I just cut two cords of firewood for my grandmother with it a few weeks ago He-he

Mike

PS- I had a LADY customer TELL me that you could not sharpen a saw chain after it had been "Rocked out" I showed her how to use a file, but she kept on insisting that you could not do that & it did not work. @ HD-the customer is ALWAYS right. Had to go, couldnt stand ripping people off like that. I had one guy, a young kid who came in about every three weeks & bought a new 16" Homelite for $129 a pop (he was a landscaper who built walls) & literally burned em up that quick. He said Husky/ Sthil/ Echo were to expensive ?????

Originally posted by Mike mandry
...... I had one guy, a young kid who came in about every three weeks & bought a new 16" Homelite for $129 a pop (he was a landscaper who built walls) & literally burned em up that quick. He said Husky/ Sthil/ Echo were to expensive ?????

"Oh, you mean you are supposed to put that oil IN THE GAS???!!!" Probably couldn't cut with them any more because the chain kept falling off!! "Oh, you mean those things can be sharpened???!!!"

Keep him away from the REAL saws! :rolleyes:

Good point

Sold a lawn mower-the guy comes back the next day pretty pissed off, said it would not run for more than 3 min & quit ???

He swapped it for another of the same model.

Upon checking out the one he brought back:

there was a "shipping cap" that literaly plugs (no vent) the fuel tank. It sits under the gas cap, and this guy put it back in after he gassed it up. guess who came ack the next morning & was even more pissed.

Guess who was laughing thier a$$ off ??

Latest posts

Back