Climbing gear question. Too many choices..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know a single supplier that would let me return any used climbing gear.

If I knew any that did, well, I wouldn't be buying any bloody climbing gear from them.

Good to know, I'll avoid buying possibly second hand untested maybe shock loaded harnesses from them

Heck no, bro! I sell those super cools tee shirts! Ya want one? If you buy three, you get a discount!

2gwfazr.jpg

;)

I bought the ergovation with the leg straps a couple of years ago. Purchased it with the suspenders. Love it. Yes it is heavy, but once on, you don't notice the weight. Super comfy. Hanging a big saw is no problem wiith the suspenders (088 with 42" bar). There is no worry of the saw pulling the saddle down.An added bonus with the suspenders is that it turns you system into a class 3 harness for use in the bucket truck or other type of lift.
As for spurs, I use Kliens with caddy pads. Get yourself a good pair of climbing boots (I use Viberg Linesmans) and you can climb comfortablly all day.
I purchase from several local arborist suppliers and the better ones have a suspended line that will let you try hanging in their harnesses. Vermeer Brampton (Sherrill dealer) has such a set up.)
PM sent.
Hope this helps

I've tried both the ergovation and the treemotion, owned the treemotion now for a few years. Ergovation wins if you're over 40" in the waist, or if you're a bread and butter kind of climber. Very comfy saddle. Treemotion wins if you're a more technical climber. It's just as comfy. I climb every day and 6'3, 240lbs, 38-40" waist. The treemotion is supposed to be for only up to 36" but it wears pretty good for me. I don't use suspenders and climb daily in it. I regularly hang a 660 with 36" bar off the back no worries. Either of these harnesses are excellent choices, you pretty much can't go wrong with either. The treemotion has come down a little in price now, and the newer version is a bit better apparently so that narrows the decision.

Shaun

If you spend a lot of time on spikes get the Buckingham Big Buck velcros. I love mine and they aren't as bulky as people say but I also have big legs. As for spurs either Bucks or Klein steels. I wear an Ergo harness but you might be better off with something a little less hi tech. Try and find a couple climbers that are willing to let you sit in their harness.

I have come to the conclusion that anybody that says their lag strap saddle is comfortable is lying.

The only real option here is for you to buy one of those fancy 100 foot liftd that can go downstairs in through 36 in gate
I ordered two just waiting on decals to be done

I don't mind my leg straps but they do start to hurt after being suspended for a long time. But I'm more of a standing and moving around constantly kinda climber so i don't notice. And the maneuverability is worth it.

I have come to the conclusion that anybody that says their lag strap saddle is comfortable is lying.

Back