Decisions, decisions.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually unless you go with a modded saw you have about the best one power wise out there.. If you ran an 088 or 3120 stock you would prob go running back to your 394 with open arms... The 90cc saws are my fav great grunt but still good chain speed.. The big boys just turn too slow for much fun stock.. Modded of course is something else :hmm3grin2orange:

Good to know, thanks. The 3120 just didn't seem like an appropriate choice for my needs. I was close to getting a 288, then a 385, but both ended up going to someone else. The 394/395 seems to be a good fit for me and the only real difference between them (performance-wise) is the material for the intake to the cylinder which might give the 395 a tiny advantage over the 394. Only going to run up to a 43" bar on it, although a 28" or 36" will be mounted 95% of the time.

Good to know, thanks. The 3120 just didn't seem like an appropriate choice for my needs. I was close to getting a 288, then a 385, but both ended up going to someone else. The 394/395 seems to be a good fit for me and the only real difference between them (performance-wise) is the material for the intake to the cylinder which might give the 395 a tiny advantage over the 394. Only going to run up to a 43" bar on it, although a 28" or 36" will be mounted 95% of the time.

I actually think stock for stock, the 394 has the power advantage.

Really? That's why I love this site. I really enjoy "hearing" from others about this stuff. I don't really have too many friends who are into saws.

Ya, not much, but I think the 394 has a little more torque. The 395 to me is more of a peaky saw. But that is no longer with my 395 since its had a couple things done to it.

I would like to try them side by side so that trade wouldn't work unless you would send it and let my try it.:biggrinbounce2: I really want to try one but there is none used near me and I hate to buy a new 395 to try. That's what I did with the 390. I seen it in a dealer and had to buy it to try it. I can find plenty of 066 and 660s close though. I like them but the one I had killed my hands.

I would like to try them side by side so that trade wouldn't work unless you would send it and let my try it.:biggrinbounce2: I really want to try one but there is none used near me and I hate to buy a new 395 to try. That's what I did with the 390. I seen it in a dealer and had to buy it to try it. I can find plenty of 066 and 660s close though. I like them but the one I had killed my hands.

Ya, I didn't think you'd want to. I was kidding anyway. Good 394's are hard to come by around here anyway, so I might just hang on to this one. I've got 2, their both pretty good, but one is a little better cosmetically.

Don't think you'd want to pay shipping just to try it out.

This is my prettier one.

attachment.php

attachment.php

That looks nice. Shipping would probably be close to $75 I would guess.

Yeah that is a long way away. I looked up shipping and it would be around $150 one way.

Latest posts

Back