Do US stihl dealers get dealer points for sales?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xander9727

The Silverback
Reaction score
I was talking to Gypo last night and he was talking about getting deals on accessories (chain, bars, etc.) based on dealer points. He explained to me that when dealers purchase items that they get points based on the quantity or cost. He said that on some items (chain specifically) he would get it at or near cost because the dealers were still "making money" on the points. I casually mentioned this to my dealer and he said that Stihl is one of his only manufacturers that doesn't compensate them on sales volume. Now my dealer has been known to hold out from time to time and if money is tight he will do anything he can to avoid losing a penny. If you have any info on this let me know.

My Stihl book contains several promotions for dealers. They are basically free items for bulk sales

My boss got a free car and a trip to virginia in the last couple years?

Originally posted by Tony Snyder
Sounds right otto; you wpould have to do a lot of lying to sell enough Stihls to get a trip and a car supplied.

Like 4 years ago he got the ford, taurus car. And last year i think or the year before he got the trip to virginia beach, but couldnt go cause of a death in the family.

We sold 174 saws between the days of 9-20-02 through 10-5-02.
Thats just 2 weeks of the year. They got some promotion going that if you sell 300 stihl pieces from, the end of september i think through december 31st, you get to pick a item from the catolog for free, mostly jackets, clocks and watches. We met the goal of 300 like a week ago.

Im not suprised that he got the freebies.

Back