Dolmar trimmer with a TK carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purdyite

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on a Dolmar MS 22 C trimmer with a brush blade for a friend. It has a TK carburetor. I opened the carb, cleaned and reassembled and it ran pretty well. The next day it wouldn't say a word. Sprayed some starting fluid in the throat and it fired and ran then died immediately. In the cleaning, I did not force the little diaphragms off (they seemed very stuck on) but I removed the needle and cleaned it as best I could. I checked the tank vent in the fuel cap and it can breathe. It has no adjustments other than idle speed. I need guidance, maybe a source of parts to rebuild it. I have not worked on this brand carb before, worked on may others. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for the info--I did see the little filter, did not disturb it so I will go back and make sure that it is not plugged. The exploded view of the carb may be the key I need to be sure all the parts are in the right order. I'm convinced that SOMETHING is not letting the fuel get into the cylinder. I have now run the carb through the ultrasonic cleaner twice.

Latest posts

Back