E-Lux forces Tilton out!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fera of the big guy

I hear this same argument in all of my hobbies. Mountain bikers wont buy a giant, because they are giants, they will talk about their Yeti that cost as much as my Giant, that is half as good. The big guys corner the market, sell to all levels. Consumers need homelite, and john deere chainsaws a Stihl may be too much for them to use once a year to trim the crabapple tree in the backyard. Pros buy from dealers, because of the stress we put on a saw. the bottom line is dont bang on e-lux, I love my husky, its more reliable than my Stihl. Let the ametures have their toys..-Matt

Honestly there is a lot of good info in this thread; there are just some contradictions.

Is Efco under Elux control or not?

Is Solo brand naming stuff for others (Bailys - Sears), any others? Thus if they should have big succeses, would they still protect the little dealers? Would we get sellable pricing with a distributers bite out of the middle?

Seems to me one big advantage Stihl and Husky have going on there end is direct distribution. That should give them a 10 or 12% advantage to lower prices if they need to.

What is going on with Solo and Dolmar? Are they connected in some way?

Are the blue Makita / Dolmars really going away?

DR products has 3 models of chainsaw, I believe they are Solos. <a href="http://www.countryhomeproducts.com:80//catprod.asp?dept_id=50141&mscsid=VNJ6CPA09PVP8NBRPPJVH1191K5R1HAF"> look here</a>. As an also-ran type of chain saw maker, I think it's probably pretty sensible to make arrangements with as many private labelors as possible. Sooner or later dealers will be seeing them either as repair work or trade-ins, and if the product is any good, a lot of guys will remember when the Solo agent calls.

<a href="http://www2.emak.it/database/emak/emak.nsf/wframe_eng.htm"> This page</a>, from Efco's Italian parent would suggest there is no connection whatsoever with E-lux. As an aside, surfers may want to discover the "Dynamac" name alongside EFCO and OLeo-mac, and learn that it is intended for mass merchandizers.

Latest posts

Back