ECHO 2620U brush cutter - shoulder harness?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NuggyBuggy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just bought a 2620U. This is their model with the bicycle handles. I love the machine so far- with Echo's "Black Diamond" line it cuts thick weeds and grass so much faster than my FS91 did.

I'm just not sure about the shoulder harness. The one that came with my unit looks like this:
Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 11.59.04 AM.png

As best I can tell, it's supposed to go across your body, on top of the shoulder farthest from where the powerhead is, like this picture from the manual:
Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 12.02.29 PM.png
What confuses me is that the same owner's manual says "U- handle brushcutters require a double shoulder harness.", whereas it seems fair to describe the above harness as a single shoulder one.

Did I get the wrong harness? The one I got feels pretty rinkydink and the hip pad seems next to useless.

Thanks !

Same one I have, works just fine. All the harness does is provide a fulcrum point to rotate the trimmer. I use whatever line I can buy in bulk rolls but most times I have the 'scratcher' blade installed.

If the manual says that's what it requires you’ve got reasonable grounds to go and request they provide that. The single strap works, but if I'm doing any reasonable amount of cutting I'll grab the double one

Back