Echo cs590 carburetor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Working on a friend's 590 and it seems to not want to idle too consistently. It has the pulse hose through the top(fuel pump) of the carburetor and two manufactured holes in the top plate of the carb also. It looks like to me it would create an air leak in the saw or is there something I don't understand?

Working on a friend's 590 and it seems to not want to idle too consistently. It has the pulse hose through the top(fuel pump) of the carburetor and two manufactured holes in the top plate of the carb also. It looks like to me it would create an air leak in the saw or is there something I don't understand?
Holes in the cover on the metering side is normal, it lets atmospheric pressure act on the diaphragm as required. On the pump side would be a no-no.

I guess those two holes are blocked by the gasket or I suppose it wouldn't run. Funny I never noticed other saws having holes in the pump cover. I checked ebay for their 590 carbs and they had the holes also...
Something would have to block them on the pump side, I can`t think what they were any good for.

Latest posts

Back