ECHO Model 550 EVL - any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikko

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
One of these is for sale locally - brand new, still in the box. anyone know anything about these?

exc. old saw,not a revver,good torque. only problem is some parts are getting hard to find.

I recall that when they were selling these there was a factory recall or warranty work to replace something. Seems it was ignition related but I don't really remeber what. Do a search on this site and you may find out what was defective.

I recall that when they were selling these there was a factory recall or warranty work to replace something. Seems it was ignition related but I don't really remeber what. Do a search on this site and you may find out what was defective.
The recall was for the early made 500 EVL's. Flywheels were coming off and exploding and ripping off fingers, so they say.

i have one with no telling how many miles on it. i use it for dirty work or in stuff i don't want to use my good saws in. i milled some hickory with it a few years back. thought for sure it would burn it up. still purring when i get her out. i give 40 bucks for it years ago to have as a backup. only thing seems to wear out is the chain. i say if the price is rite go for it.:cheers:
jnl

One of these is for sale locally - brand new, still in the box. anyone know anything about these?
it is a good chainsaw, wa. state used these for pre commercial thinning, riad maintenance/brushing, and trail building for state parks and fire suppresion.. they have a tendency to bog down in the rain, but if your not gonna be in the olympic national rain forest all day then you may not have to worry about it.

Latest posts

Back