Educate me please, Husqvarna model 61

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneyMeadowMaple

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a customer with one, it’s not currently for sale, but he says he can’t start it anymore because of his shoulder so he favors a 455 Rancher that he has. Not sure why, but it calls to me, I like the size, I like the look. My family went first to Johnsereds then Husqvarna from Stihl in the early 90’s so we don’t have any relics kicking around. In looking it looks like the 61 ran from 1980-97 and I see some that look like a modern 2or 300 series and some with a black top, some with a white, I think this one has an orange top and steel wire chain brake lever.
What is what with these series, what should someone know if they were looking for one ?

I have a customer with one, it’s not currently for sale, but he says he can’t start it anymore because of his shoulder so he favors a 455 Rancher that he has. Not sure why, but it calls to me, I like the size, I like the look. My family went first to Johnsereds then Husqvarna from Stihl in the early 90’s so we don’t have any relics kicking around. In looking it looks like the 61 ran from 1980-97 and I see some that look like a modern 2or 300 series and some with a black top, some with a white, I think this one has an orange top and steel wire chain brake lever.
What is what with these series, what should someone know if they were looking for one ?

I got one free a while back. Have not played with it yet, but gifter said it was running but sat a while.

What I've read is related to 266 and 272 saws, I think? And some parts can be swapped.

Detuned open port saws for firewood cutters back in the day to cost cheaper. JMO.

2 series husky

With crap muffler baffle in middle and side almost closed up depending on year.

Fine saws you can buy cheap. Not much resell on them I found out.

Attachments

• h61afterr.jpg
    h61afterr.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • h61mmm.jpg
    h61mmm.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 0
  • h61mm.jpg
    h61mm.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 0
  • h61m.jpg
    h61m.jpg